Monday, April 30, 2012

Kids' Chores *

Kids You are being redirected to the new blog Okay, looking around this house of 3 kids and 3 pets, is making me a little anxious. I am not doing this all by myself. No way! These kids are going to chip in this summer. And I know just the way to do it....bribery. Yes, you heard me. But, what is the best way to organize this? I think it is necessary to find an organizational system that works for you.
We use www.childzilla.com. It is completely customizable. You set your own point values and choose which tasks you would like to have on the list. You can also set your own prizes and prize values. It allows you to print up chore charts or do all the point earning online. I printed their charts and put them inside a plastic sleeve that we wipe clean when we are done.
Another valuable tool is this website put together by Space for Living. I absolutely lover her post about Family Fun Clean Up. I hate the tantrums that usually follow when I ask my kids to help me out. This woman has so many great ideas for getting the kids motivated. I am going to try the Mystery Pick Up idea today.

No comments:

Post a Comment